Thursday, February 14, 2013

I miss us


 Remembering how it used to be
When nothing else mattered
I miss us, and I wish you could see
How my hearts yearns for us
I remember all the times you said
Really meaning it...now, it's just a phrase
You say without any further thought
I miss those days when you'd call
I miss those days when you'd call
Just to say good-bye for a little while
Remembering how I felt - just right
Moments passed without us knowing
We wanted to be...forever
I miss the old you and the old me –
To this moment forever and ever?


But just you and me –
Our dreams and life we built together!
Even when you are here, next to me
How happy,  I make you feel
Just to say "hi" or "Love you" or “miss you”
And all those days it was so hard
The times when you held me in your arms
How I felt so content and safe
With your arms around me

Remembering how time stood still
When in each other's arms is the only place
Our dreams, hopes and desires
The us who could just sit and talk
And never run out of topics to discuss
Or sit in silence for hours and hours
Just content the way we were
I miss us so deeply that it hurts inside
Remembering how it used to be...
When nothing in the world mattered
But just us - just you and me
Can we bring back the you and me?

No comments:

Post a Comment