Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sometimes, I wish!

Sometimes I wish simple things

Like tearing away these masks

Which I wear so freely these days

To hide those tears and distress

Who are my constant companions,

Following me like my own shadow!


Can I just be myself for once?

Without needing to hide behind

The fixed smile which comes

And always available on standby?


Can I cry my heart out for once

Without feeling guilty about it,

Till all my tears are drained out

Along with all the heartaches?


Can I be that girl for once

Who beams her sunshine smile

To the world around

Just because she is glad today?


http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/sometimes-i-wish-7/



4 comments:

  1. Nice one, Deepa. Can't believe there is so much behind your 100W smile! I guess, all of us do have such moments. But, may be the darkest moments are the brightest of inspirations! Keep writing, Deepa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Not necessarily self portrayal though!
    I agree that we all have our moments and sometimes more. But then thats what life is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful Deeps!
    I don't know why, but I have a very strong emotion to this poem. May be I can identify myself with this girl. I smile even when it hurts so much and I would rather cry.
    I love the way you write and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many people in this world who face this world with a smile though the heart is burning! I think it is a strength! But then everybody needs a outlet - Sometimes to scream and cry your heart out!

    ReplyDelete