Monday, May 05, 2008

Night Traveler

I wrote this poem sometime back... Though, I wont say that it is one of my best poems, I like it and it looks like others like it too... Here, I am puttig it down again...

I am a night traveler
Travel all through the night
And my bed is a sailing boat
I reach for my bed every night
And take a trip places far away
To see new things and people

I travel past the harbors
Full of anchored boats
I travel past the beaches
With swaying coconut trees

I watch the waves
Embracing the shore
I watch the kids playing
And reach out my arms

Then I touch my own bed
Here comes a flash
And my boat is back
And I am back in bed

My boat sails every night
And reach home with morning light
Never did it anchor once
Still traveling every day
Hoping to reach
That unknown destination

http://poemhunter.com/poem/night-traveler/
http://etkalem.blogspot.com/2008/01/talvin-singh-night-traveler-by-deepa.html

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant... I guess you are talking about the dreams... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help agreeing with Rob... You have described dreams without saying that the word "dream"!!
    Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know that you liked it Rob & Suraj...

    And ya... its on dreams... Also on trying to find that unknown destination through dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one... Why dont you blog more frequently?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one... Liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diya,
    I will try to catch up and blog more frequently... I would love to. But time is the constraint.

    Thanks Ammu..

    ReplyDelete