Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's a dream

Don’t believe my words, when I say that
You are the most appealing of all I ever know
Toss away the words, when I say that
You are the one I love more than life
Think that I am bluffing, when I say
That I would forsake this world for you
Decline my love, when I kneel down
And ask for your hand and proclaim my love

Know that I am living a pretty dream
Which makes no sense when I am up
Think that it is just another illusion
Which may not last for ever for sure
Or loose luster with the passing time
Or a mirage in a faraway desert
Don’t fall for this dream, knowing that
It’s a fantasy waiting to loose its sheen.

http://poemhunter.com/poem/it-s-a-dream/

4 comments:

  1. Lovely... Hope it is not just a beautiful dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, why do you always write about love and pain? Cheer up my girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is a beautiful dream... So why not dream more...
    Have you heard the below poem??

    "Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly
    Hold fast to dreams
    For when dreams go
    Life is a barren field
    Frozen with snow"

    ...Langston Hughs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked it... Both urs and Langston Hughs!!!

    ReplyDelete